Find it Fast with Library Services
Get oriented with the supports and resources available to you through Library Services in this interactive session.
- Highlights key features of the Library Services website
- Identifies services and contacts including literature searching, interlibrary loan, and patient pamphlets
- Illustrates searching the catalogue, databases list, journal collection, and Google Scholar access point
- Illustrates accessing resources from anywhere
- Locate the Library’s website
- Match information need with appropriate Library Service and/or Search feature
- Search the collection for relevant (e)Books, (e)Journals, databases, articles, and patient pamphlets
- Access subscription resources from anywhere (at work, on the go, from home, etc.)
Recommended for: Staff, physicians and/or researchers new to Library Services or needing a refresher on services, resources and website functionality.
Related LibGuide: Home by Katie McLean
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Lync/Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copy/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider registering for an in-person session or requesting a one-on-one consult.
To learn more about Lync, see http://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/Pages/Lync2010.aspx*
To learn more about Skype for Business, see http://intra.nshealth.ca/training-resources/SitePages/Home.aspx *
*internal links, you must be on the NSHA network to access