Grey Literature 101
What is grey literature and how do you incorporate it into your work? Stop feeling overwhelmed by the Internet and let the library help you with defining and managing your grey literature needs!
- Provides a general overview of grey literature
- Illustrates templates to use in defining your strategy and tracking your search
- Highlights core grey literature sources, including Google command searching and how to build a Google Custom Search
- Define grey literature
- Describe the differences between grey and published literature
- Understand the value added provided by grey literature
- Identify appropriate grey literature resources to search according to your question or project
Recommended for: Staff, physicians and/or researchers looking to incorporate evidence outside traditional resources into their work. This course is valuable to staff engaged in the creation of knowledge resources (guidelines, policies, pamphlets, original research).
Related LibGuide: Grey Literature by Katie McLean
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Lync/Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copy/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider registering for an in-person session or requesting a one-on-one consult.
To learn more about Lync, see http://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/Pages/Lync2010.aspx*
To learn more about Skype for Business, see http://intra.nshealth.ca/training-resources/SitePages/Home.aspx*
*internal links, you must be on the NSHA network to access