Plain Language Writing Tips
Is it sometimes tricky to communicate clearly in writing? How can you be confident your audience understands your message? Do you find yourself answering follow up questions you thought you addressed in the original message or document?
Join Lara for plain language writing tips and multi-purpose communications strategies.
By the end of this session, you'll be able to:
- Identify complex language and medical jargon, and consider clearer ways to express critical information
- Use practical strategies to simplify and clarify language without losing meaning
- Flag and remove extra info that distracts from your core message
- Consider your audience and adjust your writing to be both clear and concise
To join the session, please go to https://meet.nshealth.ca/lara.killian/V90W85N3
Related LibGuide: Patient Education by Lara Killian
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Online through Skype
- All Zones