Spring into Action: Creating Content with Library Services at Northside General Hospital
Librarian Educators Lara Killian and Katie McLean support patient pamphlet and subject guide creation at NSHA. They're hitting the road this spring and connecting with staff across Eastern Zone around content creation. Stop in, say hello and learn something new!
The visit will include a 1 hour presentation, divided into two parts, with time for questions and networking at the end.
Part 1: Building, Synthesizing and Sharing Educational Content for Health Care Providers and Teams (25 minutes)
- Find, use, create and share subject guides
- Overview of the subject guide creation process
- Quick tips on information searching, evaluation, synthesis and citation using best practices
Part 2: Creating, Maintaining and Sharing Content for Patients and Families (25 minutes)
- Find, use, create and share patient education pamphlets
- Overview of pamphlet creation process
- Quick tips on plain language writing and basic health literacy principles
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- 9:00am - 10:30am