Workshop Your Question & Define Your Info Need
Are you asking a lot of questions but not always getting the right answers? How you phrase your information need has a direct impact on the results you get, whether you are searching a database or communicating with a colleague.
As a complement to our Creating Effective Research Questions session, we are offering this unstructured, open chat where health care professionals can bring their information needs and get feedback on how to best articulate what they are looking for. Attendees are encouraged to bring a current need, question and/or key concept in any stage of development for live feedback from a library and information professional and their peers.
Recommended for: Health care professionals looking for help with clarifing and/or improving their information seeking processes related to formal research or local knowledge projects (reports, policies, education, etc.).
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 Show more dates
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Online through Skype
- All Zones
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
Prior to the start of the session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the NSHA network to access