Searching in New PubMed
PubMed has undergone a makeover and the new version of PubMed will become the default in May 2020. Although the searching features and functions from the old version of PubMed remain available in New PubMed, the appearance and location of some of these have changed. In this session we will highlight the essentials of New PubMed, take you through the process of building a search and provide you with tips to ensure you are searching strategically.
- Translate key concepts to appropriate subject headings (MeSH)
- Run keyword searches using field codes
- Combine searches with OR to increase results, AND to decrease results
- Manipulate result presentation to view abstract and full-text options
Recommended for: Staff, physicians and/or researchers that are completely new to searching PubMed, or that are used to searching the old version of PubMed.
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020 Show more dates
- 10:00am - 10:30am
- Online through Skype
- All Zones
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of an online session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the NSHA network to access