Focus on Content and Forget Formatting Online
You’re busy—we’re here to help. When it comes to developing content within an established process (such as pamphlets, policies, or subject guides), leaving the layout to the appropriate support teams can help fast-track your project. Using a patient education project as an example, this session will expose common ways content creators can get lost in the details. Learn how you can focus your content, save time, and improve project workflow.
By the end of this 30-minute session, you will be able to:
- Focus your materials for the appropriate audience
- Use simplified formatting within established processes
- Communicate clearly for improved project workflow
Audience: Nova Scotia Health staff responsible for developing content for their department, unit, or clinic
Length: 30 minutes
Related LibGuide: Content Creator Toolkit by Katie McLean
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020
- 10:00am - 10:30am
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of an online session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network to access