Tips for Navigating New PubMed Online
PubMed has updated its interface and has added new features! Do you often search for literature as part of your role at Nova Scotia Health? You may have noticed changes with the PubMed database and its searching features. Whether you are a frequent PubMed user or just starting off, this session will walk you through several handy tips to keep in mind.
- Gain a better understanding of the new PubMed and its features
- Locate and use the MeSH database for searching
- Share articles using permalinks
- Gain knowledge of PubMed page navigation and the similar articles feature
Related LibGuide: Searching by Katie McLean
- Friday, October 23, 2020
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of an online session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge to access