Adapting or Reusing Articles, Images and Other Content Online
Are you a content creator? Do you develop and draft policies, pamphlets, educational material or other content as part of your role at Nova Scotia Health? If you answered Yes, you probably don't create all of your material from scratch. Other people’s work very often influences or gets included in the resources we create. Make sure you are adapting and/or reusing the work of others ethically and in keeping with current Copyright law.
- Understand the importance of citing sources
- Identify copyright statements for specific material (e.g. Creative Commons, Terms & Conditions)
- Ask permission to reuse copyright protected material
- Cite material you are adapting or reusing according to specific terms
- Thursday, November 26, 2020
- 10:00am - 10:30am
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of an online session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge to access