Developing Patient Education Pamphlets Online
During these uncertain times, supporting patients and families with accurate information has become more important than ever. This session will highlight how easy-to-read and up-to-date patient education materials can support both patient care and safety. You’ll learn tips on getting started, how to keep your project on task, and how to find, use, and share Nova Scotia Health patient pamphlets effectively.
By the end of this 30-minute session, you will be able to:
- Identify how patient education materials can support you, your team, and your patients
- Describe the pamphlet creation process (developing, editing, and updating patient education materials)
- Find Nova Scotia Health Patient Pamphlets
- Share Nova Scotia Health Patient Pamphlets
Audience: Nova Scotia Health staff new to developing or updating patient pamphlets, or those in need of a refresher. Please note: This session does not apply to Public Health or Nova Scotia Health Cancer Care Program education
Length: 30 minutes
Related LibGuide: Content Creator Toolkit by Kallen Rutledge
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of an online session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network to access