Subject Guide Creation from Start to Finish Online
In our ‘New Normal’, easy access to trusted knowledge and the support to keep information current is essential. The Library Services Subject Guide Collection can help you consolidate, curate, translate and maintain your education and knowledge resources in the online environment. Subject guides are created for a specific audience (Staff & Physicians or Patients), within a defined health care topic. This session will help you determine if your content is a fit for the collection and highlight the steps involved in launching a subject guide.
By the end of this 30-minute session, you will be able to:
- Identify content that is a fit for the subject guide collection
- Describe the audience and purpose of your subject guide
- Organize your ideas and content using the Subject Guide Creation Tool
Audience: Health care professionals, educators, or researchers creating or contributing to the creation of knowledge resources
Length: 30 minutes
Related LibGuide: Content Creator Toolkit by Kallen Rutledge
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of an online session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network to access