Savvy Searching with CINAHL® Online
Are you interested in learning some handy tips to make searching in CINAHL® (Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature) more effective? Having a strategic process to carry out your search and using CINAHL headings will make the most of your time searching, increase the relevancy of your results, and allow you to run your search at a later date when you need to update your references.
- Identify key concepts from a question
- Search using CINAHL headings
- Search using keywords and fields
- Combine searches with OR/AND
- Apply filters to narrow results
- View abstracts and full-text access options
Recommended for: Nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, public health practitioners and researchers incorporating CINAHL results into knowledge resources including reports, policies, guidelines, research and more.
Related LibGuide: Searching by Roxanne MacMillan
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
Prior to the start of the session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network to access