Savvy Searching in Embase® Online
Are you interested in learning some handy tips to make searching in EMBASE® more effective? Having a strategic process to carry out your search and using Emtree terms will make the most of your time searching, increase the relevancy of your results, and allow you to run your search at a later date when you need to update your references.
- Identify key concepts from a question
- Search using Emtree terms
- Search using keywords and fields
- Combine searches with OR/AND
- Apply filters to narrow results
- View abstracts and full-text access options
Recommended for: Pharmacists, dietitians, physicians, nurses, researchers, or any other professional interested in incorporating biomedical and/or pharmacological information into knowledge resources.
Related LibGuide: Searching by Roxanne MacMillan
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of an online session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge to access