Intro to LMS: Creating an eLearning Course Online
Tasked with creating an eLearning course for the Learning Management System (LMS) but not sure where to start? This session will go over everything you need to know to get started—from creation to completion—to ensure your online course reflects high quality content with optimal readability and performance in Nova Scotia Health’s LMS. The session will also highlight recent changes to the process that will shave time off your workload.
By the end of this 30-minute session, you will be able to:
- Find and access the resources you need to get started
- Identify key players and their role in the creation process
- Describe and implement the eLearning course creation process (developing, editing, updating eLearning courses)
Recommended for: Nova Scotia Health staff new to creating LMS online courses, or those in need of a refresher
Related LibGuide: Content Creator Toolkit by Kallen Rutledge
- Tuesday, June 22, 2021
- 10:00am - 10:30am
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of an online session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network to access