Introduction to PubMed Online
Searching PubMed can feel like a daunting task at times. How do you make sure you’re not missing relevant articles when there is so much information? Following a strategic process when searching will make the most of your time and increase the relevancy of your results. This session will be an introduction to building a targeted search in PubMed using advanced techniques.
- Identify key concepts from a research question
- Search with appropriate MeSH terms
- Search with keywords in targeted fields (e.g. Title/Abstract)
- Combine searches with OR/AND
- Apply filters to narrow search results
- Identify article full text and make document delivery requests
Related LibGuide: Searching by Roxanne MacMillan
- Tuesday, June 22, 2021
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
This online session uses Zoom video conferencing. To participate in the session, please note the following:
- You do not need to install extra software to join a Zoom meeting.
- To join the session, click on the Zoom meeting link and then “join from your browser”. You may be prompted to enter the meeting passcode (sent via registration confirmation email).
- You must have an audio output device (headphones or speakers) connected to be able to hear the instructor.
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected if you wish to participate verbally. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window.
To learn more about joining a Zoom meeting, see https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting