Find it Fast with Library Services Online
Get oriented with the supports and resources available to you through Library Services in this virtual tour.
- Highlights key features of the Library Services website
- Demonstrates searching the catalogue, databases list, journal collection, and patient pamphlet collection for current, informative resources
- Identifies contacts and services including literature searching, document delivery (interlibrary loan), and one-on-one consults
- Demonstrates accessing resources from anywhere
- Locate the Library’s website
- Match information need with the appropriate Library Service and/or Search feature
- Search the collection for relevant (e)books, (e)journals, databases, articles, and patient pamphlets
- Access subscription resources from anywhere (at work, on the go, from home, etc.)
Recommended for: Staff, physicians and/or researchers new to Library Services or needing a refresher on services, resources and website functionality.
Related LibGuide: Home by Katie McLean
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of the session, we recommend testing your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge to access