Explore the new BMJ Best Practice Comorbidities Tool Online
Treating patients with multiple health conditions can be challenging. This session will introduce you to BMJ Best Practice’s new Comorbidities tool, designed to help health care providers make evidence-based clinical decisions for patients with comorbidities. You will learn how the Comorbidities tool works in practice, exploring how you can use it to create a tailored treatment plan for your patient.
- Access and understand the comorbidities tool
- Add a patient’s comorbidities to develop a tailored treatment plan
- Download the BMJ Best Practice mobile app for clinical decision-making support at point of care
Recommended for: Physicians, nurses, clinicians looking for point-of-care support in treating acute conditions alongside pre-existing comorbidities
Related LibGuide: Mobile Apps & Resources by Amanda Andrews
- Monday, November 15, 2021
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of an online session, test your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge to access