Virtual Library Services Tour Online
In this session, we will explore all that Library Services has to offer for Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) staff. We will walk through how to find relevant databases, (e)journals, (e)books, patient pamphlets, and subject guides. You will also learn how to access services such as literature searching, document delivery, and one-on-one consults. Get oriented with the supports and resources available to you through Library Services in this virtual tour.
- Locate the Library’s website
- Match information need with the appropriate Library resource or service
- Search the Library’s collection for relevant databases, (e)journals, (e)books, patient pamphlets, and subject guides
- Access subscription resources from anywhere (at work, on the go, from home, etc.)
Recommended for: Infection Prevention and Control staff who are new to Library Services or need a refresher on resources and services that are available to them.
Related LibGuide: Home by Katie McLean
- Thursday, September 16, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have access to a computer with Skype for Business installed. If you do not have the software, you will be required to install a web app plugin that will allow you to attend as a guest
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- You must have an audio input device (webcam or microphone) connected whether you wish to participate verbally or not. If you do not wish to speak, you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
Prior to the start of the session, we recommend testing your sound settings to ensure you are ready. See Testing Skype Sound Settings* for step-by-step instructions.
To learn more about Skype for Business, see https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/SkypeforBusiness.aspx*
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge to access