Legally Using Images in Presentations and Publications Online
A picture is worth a thousand words! But when you are looking for the right image to enhance your content or convey a message, it is also worth investigating if and how you are permitted to re-use that content. Images, like other resources, are protected by copyright. Content that you find online may not be free to use.
- Find and interpret terms-of-use for online images
- Understand Creative Commons licenses
- Find safe-to-use images
- Request permission to use an image when necessary
Recommended for: Physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, administrative staff.
Related LibGuide: Copyright by Roxanne MacMillan
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022
- 12:00pm - 12:45pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
This session will use Microsoft Teams. You can join the meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into a Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*.
For further information on joining a Teams Meeting, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The video, Join a Teams Meeting, found on this page provides useful information if you have not used Microsoft Teams before.
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge to access