Find it Fast with Library Services Online
Get oriented with the supports and resources available to you through Library Services in this virtual tour.
- Highlights key features of the Library Services website
- Demonstrates searching the catalogue, databases list, journal collection, and patient pamphlet collection for current, informative resources
- Identifies contacts and services including literature searching, document delivery (interlibrary loan), and one-on-one consults
- Demonstrates accessing resources from anywhere
- Locate the Library’s website
- Match information need with the appropriate Library Service and/or Search feature
- Search the collection for relevant (e)books, (e)journals, databases, articles, and patient pamphlets
- Access subscription resources from anywhere (at work, on the go, from home, etc.)
Recommended for: Staff, physicians and/or researchers new to Library Services or needing a refresher on services, resources and website functionality.
Related LibGuide: Home by Katie McLean
- Thursday, June 2, 2022
- 12:00pm - 12:45pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- Library Services
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
This session will use Microsoft Teams. You can join the meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into a Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*.
For further information on joining a Teams Meeting, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The video, Join a Teams Meeting, found on this page provides useful information if you have not used Microsoft Teams before.
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge to access