Copyright Q&A Online
Making sure your presentations and publications are copyright compliant can be confusing! Whether you are wondering if you can safely use an image from the Internet, or need to obtain permission to re-use a document, you may have more questions than answers.
In this session, we’re giving you the opportunity to ask your copyright questions. Participants will be invited to submit their questions in advance of the session.
If time permits, we will also address some frequently-asked copyright questions such as:
- Where can I find safe-to-use images?
- What does ‘royalty-free’ mean?
- Do I have to cite my sources in a presentation?
- Can I share a PDF of a journal article with my colleagues?
Please note that we cannot give legal advice.
Recommended for: Physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, communications staff, administrative staff
Related LibGuide: Copyright by Roxanne MacMillan
- Thursday, June 23, 2022
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- Copyright Library Services
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
This session will use Microsoft Teams. You can join the meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into an MS Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
For information on joining a Teams Meeting, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The video, Join a Teams Meeting, found on this page provides useful information if you have not used Microsoft Teams before.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge to access