Explore the Library’s New Website and Discover Search Online
We’ve launched our new website and Discover search. You’re going to love it! Take a test drive with us to get comfortable with new navigation and improved searching. Get exactly what you’re looking for by searching our website, subject guides, and patient education pamphlets.
You will learn how to locate books, journals and articles by using our new Discover search. This session will also explore how to get the most out of your experience by creating a user account, filtering your search results, and accessing the content you need.
- Select a search source to focus on a specific information need
- Build an effective search strategy in Discover search
- Understand the benefits of creating an account when using Discover
- Filter results to find the most relevant resources
- Access items through full-text links or Document Delivery
Recommended for: Nova Scotia Health Staff, physicians and/or researchers looking to explore Library Services’ new website and Discover search
Related LibGuide: Home by Katie McLean
- Thursday, June 23, 2022
- 10:00am - 10:45am
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
This session will use Microsoft Teams. You can join the meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into an MS Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
For information on joining a Teams Meeting, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The video, Join a Teams Meeting, found on this page provides useful information if you have not used Microsoft Teams before.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access