Natural Medicines™ Database Online
Complimentary and alternative medicines (CAMs) have become popular, and it is important for health care professionals to understand how they may interact with the medications given. Learn about Natural Medicines™, a point-of-care tool that can help you answer questions about alternative therapies and dietary supplements.
- Search the database for specific CAMs to learn about their efficacy and safety
- Use the Commercial Products Database to find specific CAMs products available
- Apply the ‘Interaction Checker’ tool to verify if a CAM product is safe to take with other medications
- Use the ‘Pregnancy & Lactation Checker’ tool to determine safety ratings of CAM products in that patient population
Recommended for: Staff, physicians, pharmacists who want to better find and utilize information about CAMs in their daily practice.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
This session will use Microsoft Teams. You can join the meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into an MS Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
For information on joining a Teams Meeting, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The video, Join a Teams Meeting, found on this page provides useful information if you have not used Microsoft Teams before.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access