Staying Current with Nursing Reference Center Plus Online
A nurse’s time is a prized commodity, and in order to provide the best care possible, nurses need to quickly find the right answers to their clinical questions. With Nursing Reference Center Plus, an evidence-based information resource designed by nurses for nurses, they can do just that. Join me to explore this expanded resource which includes multimedia (eg. videos and images), nursing management topics, care plans, leadership and management continuing education modules, additional skills, and more!
- Utilize Nursing Reference Center Plus’s basic and advanced searches
- Locate evidence-based information about diseases and conditions
- Access critical skills videos
- Explore essential leadership and nursing management topics
- Find a care plan to match your information need
Recommended for: Nova Scotia Health nursing staff who are looking for an evidence-based point-of-care resource to quickly help answer clinical questions
Related LibGuide: Nurses by Laura Mounce
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
This session will use Microsoft Teams. You can join the meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into an MS Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
For information on joining a Teams Meeting, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The video, Join a Teams Meeting, found on this page provides useful information if you have not used Microsoft Teams before.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access