Staying Current with PsychiatryOnline Online
Now more than ever, having access to credible mental health information is important. PsychiatryOnline is a one-stop-shop for many behavioural science resources, as well as topics related to mental health and psychiatry. Join us for this session to explore PsychiatryOnline and all its features, including the DSM library, popular ebooks, self-assessment tools, clinical research news and more!
- Navigate/search the database using the category tabs
- Locate the DSM Library, including DSM-5
- Search for behavioural science, mental health and psychiatric ebooks and ejournals
- Locate up-to-date COVID-19 information
- Listen to Psychiatric News Brief and set up alerts in Psychiatric News Headlines
Recommended for: Nova Scotia Health staff seeking a trusted psychiatry, mental health and behavioural science database.
Related LibGuide: Mental Health and Addictions by Amanda Andrews
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
You can join the Teams meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into an MS Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
For information on joining a Teams Meeting, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The video, Join a Teams Meeting, found on this page provides useful information if you have not used Microsoft Teams before.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access