Developing Patient Education Pamphlets Online
Approximately half of all Canadians experience some challenges understanding the health information and teaching provided to them. This session will highlight how easy-to-read and up-to-date patient education materials can support both patient care and safety. You’ll learn tips on getting started, how to facilitate the updating process, and how to find, use, and share Nova Scotia Health patient pamphlets effectively.
Please note: This session does not apply to Public Health or Nova Scotia Health Cancer Care Program or IWK pamphlets.
- Identify how patient education materials can support you, your team, and your patients
- Describe the pamphlet creation process (developing, editing, and updating patient education materials)
- Find and share Nova Scotia Health Patient Pamphlets
Recommended for: Nova Scotia Health staff new to developing or updating patient pamphlets, or those in need of a refresher.
Related LibGuide: Content Creator Toolkit by Katie McLean
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
You can join the Teams meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Microsoft Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into an MS Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
For information on joining a Teams Meeting, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The video, Join a Teams Meeting, found on this page provides useful information if you have not used Microsoft Teams before.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access