Find it Fast with Library Services Online
Get oriented with the supports and resources available to you through Library Services in this virtual tour.
This session will:
- Highlight key features of the Library Services website, including subject guides, patient pamphlets, and research access points
- Identify contacts and services including literature searching, document delivery (interlibrary loan), and one-on-one consults
- Demonstrates searching the new Discover search and libary databases for current, informative resources
- Demonstrates accessing resources from anywhere
- Locate the Library’s website
- Match information need with the appropriate Library Service and/or Search feature
- Search the collection for relevant (e)books, (e)journals, databases, journal articles, and patient pamphlets
- Access subscription resources from anywhere (at work, on the go, from home, etc.)
Recommended for: Staff, physicians and/or researchers new to Library Services or needing a refresher on services, resources and website functionality
Related LibGuide: Home by Katie McLean
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
You can join the Teams meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into an MS Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
For information on joining a Teams Meeting, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The video, Join a Teams Meeting, found on this page provides useful information if you have not used Microsoft Teams before.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access