Explore BMJ Best Practice's Comorbidities Tool Online
BMJ Best Practice is an evidence-based point-of-care tool for clinical decision support. It provides information on thousands of medical conditions. Treating patients with multiple chronic conditions can be challenging. When making clinical decisions, health care professionals must understand how multiple conditions and their treatments interact. This session will explore how BMJ Best Practice’s Comorbidities tool can help in the decision-making process!
- Understand the scope of the information provided by this point-of-care tool
- Search BMJ Best Practice for specific medical conditions
- Locate the Comorbidities tool
- Utilize the Comorbidities feature to generate a treatment plan
- Access the BMJ Best Practice Comorbidities Tool via the app
Recommended for: All health professionals seeking a trusted point-of-care tool.
Related LibGuide: Mobile Apps and Resources by Laura Mounce
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023 Show more dates
- 10:00am - 10:30am
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- 30 Minutes or Less Library Services Point-of-Care
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
You can join the Teams meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into an MS Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- You must have experience using chat
- You must have experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
For information on joining a Teams Meeting, please visit: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The Join a Teams Meeting video on this page provides useful information for new Microsoft Teams users.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access