Intro to LMS: Creating an eLearning Course Online
Tasked with creating an eLearning course for the Learning Management System (LMS), but not sure where to start? This session will go over everything you need to know to get started—from creation to completion—to ensure your online course reflects high quality content with optimal readability and performance in Nova Scotia Health’s LMS. The session will also highlight recent changes to the process that will shave time off your workload.
By the end of this 30-minute session, you will be able to:
- Find and access the resources you need to get started
- Identify key players and their role in the creation process
- Describe and implement the eLearning course creation process (developing, editing, updating eLearning courses)
Recommended for: Nova Scotia Health staff new to creating LMS online courses, or those in need of a refresher.
Related LibGuide: Content Creator Toolkit by Katie McLean
- Tuesday, June 13, 2023
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- 30 Minutes or Less Library Services
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
You can join the Teams meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into an MS Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
To participate in an online session, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have an audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
For information on joining a Teams Meeting, please visit: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The Join a Teams Meeting video on this page provides useful information for new Microsoft Teams users.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access