ACT for Success: Three Strategies to Keep Your Content-Creation Project on Track Online
Creating content is time consuming—we understand that! It’s frustrating to think your work is finished, only for Library Services to say something needs to be added or changed before the content can go live. This session will give you tips you can ‘ACT’ on to avoid common pitfalls in three areas that delay content creation projects:
At the end of this session, you will have strategies to help you:
- Develop content that is ready for Library Services’ technical teams the first time around
- Set achievable project timelines
Recommended for: Nova Scotia Health staff who create educational and informational content, such as LMS courses, patient pamphlets and subject guides
Related LibGuide: Content Creator Toolkit by Katie McLean
- Thursday, November 23, 2023
- 10:00am - 10:30am
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need:
- An audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
To make the session more accessible, check out the following videos that include instruction on how to enable live captions and use PowerPoint Live features such as magnification and high contrast colours:
- How to make meetings more accessible and inclusive with Microsoft Teams [YouTube]
- Make presentations more accessible with PowerPoint Live in Microsoft Teams [YouTube]
You can join the Teams meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into a Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
For more information on Teams Meetings, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The Join a Teams Meeting video on this page provides useful information for new Microsoft Teams users.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access