Intro to LMS: Creating an eLearning Course Online
Tasked with creating an eLearning course for the Learning Management System (LMS), but not sure where to start? This session will introduce you to the process and standards you'll need to follow to ensure your online course reflects high quality content with optimal readability and performance in Nova Scotia Health’s LMS.
By the end of this 30-minute session, you will be able to:
- Find and access the resources you need to get started
- Identify key players and their role in the creation process
- Describe and implement the eLearning course creation process (developing, editing, updating eLearning courses)
Recommended for: Nova Scotia Health staff new to creating LMS online courses, or those in need of a refresher.
Related LibGuide: Content Creator Toolkit by Katie McLean
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need:
- An audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
To make the session more accessible, check out the following videos that include instruction on how to enable live captions and use PowerPoint Live features such as magnification and high contrast colours:
- How to make meetings more accessible and inclusive with Microsoft Teams [YouTube]
- Make presentations more accessible with PowerPoint Live in Microsoft Teams [YouTube]
You can join the Teams meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into a Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
For more information on Teams Meetings, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The Join a Teams Meeting video on this page provides useful information for new Microsoft Teams users.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access