Find it Fast with Library Services Online Online
Get oriented with the supports and resources available to you through Library Services in this virtual tour.
- Highlights key features of the Library Services website, including subject guides, patient pamphlets, and research access points
- Identifies contacts and services including literature searching, document delivery (interlibrary loan), and one-on-one consults
- Demonstrates searching the Discover search and libary databases for current, informative resources
- Demonstrates accessing resources from anywhere
- Locate the Library’s website
- Match information need with the appropriate Library Service and/or Search feature
- Search the collection for relevant (e)books, (e)journals, databases, journal articles, and patient pamphlets
- Access subscription resources from anywhere (at work, on the go, from home, etc.)
Recommended for: Staff, physicians and/or researchers new to Library Services or needing a refresher on services, resources and website functionality
Related LibGuide: Home by Katie McLean
- Wednesday, November 22, 2023
- 10:00am - 10:45am
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- All Zones
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
*** BEFORE YOU REGISTER ***
To participate in an online session, you will need:
- An audio output device connected (headphones or speakers) to be able to hear the instructor
- If you do not have an audio input device (webcam or microphone), you may type in the chat window
- Experience using chat
- Experience copying/pasting text and URLs
If you do not meet the above requirements, please consider requesting a one-on-one consult.
To make the session more accessible, check out the following videos that include instruction on how to enable live captions and use PowerPoint Live features such as magnification and high contrast colours:
- How to make meetings more accessible and inclusive with Microsoft Teams [YouTube]
- Make presentations more accessible with PowerPoint Live in Microsoft Teams [YouTube]
You can join the Teams meeting on your computer or mobile app using the URL you will receive in the Confirmation and Reminder emails.
You can join a Teams meeting whether or not you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account, follow these steps to join as a 'Guest':
- Paste the Teams meeting link into a Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser address bar
- On the web page that opens, select Continue on this browser
- Enter your name and choose your audio/video settings
- Click Join now
For more information on joining as a 'Guest', please go to: Joining a Teams Meeting without a Teams account*
For more information on Teams Meetings, please check out: https://intra.nshealth.ca/UCS/BPS/SitePages/Teams.aspx*. The Join a Teams Meeting video on this page provides useful information for new Microsoft Teams users.
*Internal link, you must be on the Nova Scotia Health network and use Microsoft Edge to access